Is Your Practice HIPAA Compliant?
Does the thought of gathering and organizing the vast amount of data that must be collected and
stored from a variety of sources terrify you?
Are you tired of dealing with IT & compliance issues instead of just seeing patients?
Are you scared that your network is not in compliance?
Don’t Be Scared…
M-Squared Networks is here to help.
Being HIPAA HITECH compliant may require significant changes to the way your medical practice has operated in the past but M-Squared Networks has a proven, stress-free way to direct to you toward compliance that won’t leave you scared stiff.
Enforcement of the Omnibus Rule began on September 24, 2013 and over 9,000 audits were performed last year. A breach can easily cost between $50,000 to $1.5 million PER OCCURRENCE. All medical, chiropractic or dental practices, hospitals, insurance companies, medical supply vendors, or any other company that has access to Protected Health Information must comply with the Omnibus Rule. The thought of collecting and storing the vast amounts of data can be overwhelming but M-Squared Networks is here to help.
Unsure what HIPAA compliant changes might be needed?
Some changes you might need make to become HIPAA HITECH compliant could include:
- Upgrades to your computers and network devices to protect patient data
- Hiring a HIPAA Certified Security Professional to provide Managed Services to monitor and maintain your network
- How you train and document the training for your current staff and new hires
- How to make sure you know exactly what you’re getting to avoid disappointment, frustration and added costs later on that you didn’t anticipate.
- Paying for email since free email services are not secure and should never be used to send patient information
- No longer sharing logins and passwords
- Automatic logoff to make sure unauthorized users cannot get to patient data
- Reviews of systems access to ensure only authorized staff are looking at patient records
- Documenting your activities as preparation for an audit or data breach investigation
- Monitoring your employees’ activities and conducting internal compliance audits
- Having an outside Certified HIPAA Security Professional do your Risk Analysis and help you with your compliance program
Are You Feeling Even More Overwhelmed? – Here is How M-Squared Networks Can Help
M-Squared Networks has taken a proven, non-invasive IT assessment scanning technology and combined it with a powerful HIPAA risk assessment engine to deliver the fastest and easiest way to perform comprehensive HIPAA Assessments and provide reporting of compliance to satisfy auditor requirements. Our highly trained IT pros will come to your office and conduct a comprehensive risk assessment process including:
- A dedicated HIPAA trained project team
- Onsite inspection and survey
- Internal assessment of equipment
- Physical review of your facilities and access control
- External Vulnerability Scan
- Staff interviews and exception data collection
- Complete Assessment Report and HIPAA Exception Analysis
- Full review of Assessment and Exception Analysis
These are just a FEW of the things we’ll look at during the Assessment.
After the assessment is done, we’ll prepare a Complete Assessment Report and HIPAA Exception Analysis. By using these two reports, a prioritized action plan can be put into place. This should be a real eye opener for you since almost all of the medical practices we’ve done this for discover they are completely vulnerable in several areas.